Once you have accomplished your degree and you want to get additional training for your specialty in pediatrics, opt for pediatric residency programs that help students take their knowledge, skills and abilities a notch higher as they begin a career in the medicine field.
Best Pediatric Residency Programs 2016
- McMaster University
- Brown University
- University of Iowa
- Vanderbilt University
- Stanford University
- Chicago University
- University of Michigan
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Columbia University
- University of Mississippi
Why Top Pediatric Residency Programs
With one, you will be able to improve your competency skills with the rigorous and complete clinical training involved in being a pediatric resident. You will be able to participate in a hospital setting; thus, you will improve your growth and gain an advantage in this competitive job market. With the additional expertise and experience to gain from the best pediatric residency programs, you will become more competitive to meet the demands of your job. Now to help you in choosing, check out the next section.
How to Choose Best Pediatric Residency Programs
- Define your goals and those things you want to achieve.
- Determine the location of the program and see if it is practical that you travel there. Also, you may consider the catchment area of the hospital or the population they serve. The bigger the better it is to expose you on a wide range of patients and pediatrics.
- Residency graduates are also important, so check out how many of the graduates have gone for a faculty position or fellowship positions.
- Check out the available residency programs and gather enough data about their pediatric residency programs list.
- What are your lifestyle’s preferences? Find out the answer here and include that when making a decision when choosing your pediatric program.
- Interview what is in your pediatric residency programs list when choosing a school for residency.
- Score those programs that you are considering so that you can arrive at the right decision based on these factors mentioned above.
There you have a quick guide that you may need when deciding for a residency in pediatrics. Also, if you are looking for sample residency personal statement, here are some.