Physicians are the best paid around the world. Here is an overview of the estimated annual salary of physicians by specialty. So you can find the best physician residency programs, compare them and choose the most appropriate for you.
Physicians by Specialty
- Anesthesiologists: The average income of them is $445, 042 and they are the most well compensated physicians. From 2013 to 2014, their income increased by 3.9%
- Cardiologist: There are different types of cardiologists and their income varies. For invasive cardiologist, their average income is $548,866. For interventional cardiologist, their average income is $553,890. For non-invasive cardiologist, their average income is $476,376. For electrophysiologist, their average income is $576,508.
- Dermatologist: They are one of the highly compensated physicians around the world. Their average annual income is about $462,500.
- Family medicine: Their average annual income is $221,868 and the professionals in this indsutry are the ones who give primary care. Family medicine doctors also practices obstetrics because it is part of their practice.
- Gastroenterologist: The average income of gastroenterologist is about $504,492. To become a physician in this specialty, you need to have training in the internal medicine with two to three years of fellowship training in hepatology and gastroenterology, which studies about digestive system diseases.
- Geriatrician: The average annual income of them is $188,885.
- Hematologist or oncologist: Their annual average income is $441,507 and they diagnose as well as treat malignancies.
- Hospice or palliative care: Their annual income is 198,091.
Student Debt Statistics – Medical School
The total education debt of graduating students from MD granting schools 2014
- $200,000: 43%
- $300,000: 10%
- $100,000 or more: 79%
Median tuition and fees 2014-2015:
- Private: $53,714
- Public: $34,540
Resident Debt Statistics
Resident medical school debt:
- Over 200,000: 36%
- $100,000 to $200,000: 22%
- $50,000 to $100,000: 6%
- No debt: 25%
Here are places that being ranked with most debt to least debt. You never expect that these places are the ones with highest debt first to lowest debt.
- Southwest: Highest debt
- Great Lakes
- North Central
- West, South Central, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic: Lowest debt
There you have the average annual income of physicians by specialty and an overview of medical school debt.